Each spring brings a new round of tulips to usher in the season. This year in Battle Creek, we have been fortunate to now have had an early frost that stunted any of these beautiful flowers, which we have experienced in earlier years. Battle Creek, being in Michigan, in a northern U.S. State has a later spring that the rest of the country usually, but it is here nonetheless. I hope you will enjoy one of these photos I have taken in the past few days.
Battle Creek Realtor’s Blog
Welcome to my blog on Battle Creek Michigan Real Estate! My name is Michael Delaware, and I am a Battle Creek Realtor. I am also a published author. If you are looking to buy a home or sell your home in Battle Creek or in the surrounding areas, please give me a call: 269-441-8182
- 12,086 hits
Books by Michael
Top 5 Popular Posts
Recently on BC Realtor Blog
- The story about Blue was my best seller in August. fb.me/6TjhMkAmE~Michael 15 hours ago
- “It matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be.” ― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire~Michael 2 days ago
- Arts & Crafts Shows: The Top 10 Mistakes Artist Vendors Make... And How to Avoid Them! #eBook by Michael Delaware ow.ly/tqBKj~Michael 3 days ago
- I'm #reading No Bad Dogs by Barbara Woodhouse goodreads.com/review/show/10…~Michael 5 days ago
- I added a video to a @YouTube playlist youtu.be/XYzfZGfzzi0?a Boys of Fall (ESPN Films)~Michael 1 week ago
Popular Topics on this Blog:
Adventure Architecture Awards & Recogitions Battle Creek Living Battle Creek Michigan BC Investor Tips Benefits of Homeownership Books Buyer Information Buyer Tips Calhoun County MI Credit Scores & Reports Festivals & Events Foreclosures Investment Property Land Contracts Loan Programs Local Places Local venues Market Report Michigan Real Estate Market Report Rural Properties Seasons Seller Tips Selling a Home Social Media Sports Travels Uncategorized
- Land Contract Homes: The Top 10 Mistakes Home Buyers Make… And How to Avoid Them! January 24, 2014Land contracts homes are a popular option for home buyers who are in a situation where they will have to wait to purchase a home due to a challenged credit situation. On January 18th of this month I released a … Continue reading →
- Medium Home Values Up Across Southwest Michigan in 2013 January 2, 2014Now that we have closed out another year, it is always a good idea to look at the final market numbers on the year. In comparing the medium home value in Calhoun County in 2012 ($79,948) to the medium home value … Continue reading →
- New Book on Home Ownership Released in Print in Time for a New Year December 30, 2013In 2013 I released an eBook to help prospective home buyers with navigating from renting to home ownership. In December I finally was able to release ‘Going Home… Renting to Home Ownership in 10 Easy Steps‘ in paperback as well. … Continue reading →
- Tulips are beginning to break through April 17, 2014We are still up and down in temperatures here in Michigan, but the tulips are finally starting to become more prominent and emerge from the ground. To me this is the sure sign that spring is really here. Winter has snapped back a few days this week with icy wind and cold that has robbed us again of those warm walks in the park. Hoping the tulips rising fr […]
- An Old Hay Barn in a Snowy Field February 7, 2014I have a facination with old barns. To me they symbolize endurance of americana in a very deep way. Some are old and weathered, like this one in the photo. It makes you wonder on its age, and the people who built it. They always seem to last longer than residential houses, and some stand alone in fields without any connection to humanity sometimes. This […]
- Morning Sunrise February 19, 2014On Wednesday morning I was out on the road early and captured this moment of natures beauty. There was a shot I wanted to get a few moments later which would have shown a half moon shaped sun upside down, but I was driving and there was no where to stop. So it must remain in my minds eye, and until they develop a camera that allows me to transfer it digita […]
- Shoveling, Shoveling, Shoveling... February 10, 2014Want to know what daily life is like in the Northern Mid-West? Particularily in winter? Well Mother Nature bestows random work upon you without consulting your schedule, and shoveling snow becomes a routine part of life. Here is my driveway taken just 2 days ago after a recent shoveling project dealt to my area by Ms Nature. What is interesting as the snow […]
- Lessons from the Super Bowl February 3, 2014In the wake of the Super Bowl where the Seattle Seahawks defeated Denver Broncos 43-8, there are some interesting lessons one can learn by examining what happened. Many watchers of the big game were perhaps in shock to see Peyton Manning and the Broncos perform so poorly and be beaten so resoundingly. What happened? The best summary of this game would be t […]
- Blizzard Wednesday, Here We Go Again... February 5, 2014Yesterday I had to venture onto some slippery back road, and even got mired in a icy area at one point and had to get out of the car and knock the ice off my tires to be able to move. Yesterday, however, the skies were blue despite the cold. Today however, we are in another blizzard here in Southwest Michigan. Yay! Just what we needed! I was supposed to […]
- Don't Want to List Your House in Winter? Read this and Reconsider... February 4, 2014I have spoken to many homeowners in recent years who are of the mind that they should pull their home from to market during the winter months of December through March. Many wait until Spring and throw their house into the listing pool with so many other sellers. It makes sense in a way. With the weather we have had in the Midwest and Northeast this seaso […]
- Look who is under the desk! February 5, 2014I work at home in my office most of the time. My dog Blue is my constant companion. He comes and goes around the house, but his favorite spot to return to is at my feet under my desk. Sometimes I lose track of him, and think that he is not there... and then I move my feet to find out quite the opposite. He sometimes has a way of slipping in without drawin […]
- The Saturday Morning Winter Coffee Theory January 25, 2014This morning I got up and there was blowing snow and wind outside. It was blizzardy conditions. My wife and I made some coffee and enoyed out morning conversation. We looked up at one point, and saw the snow had stopped and the sky had turned blue. When we ran out of coffee, it began to snow again. We decided right then to brew another pot, and like a mi […]
- Saying Goodbye to January 2014 February 1, 2014I thought I would share my last photo taken in January 2014, as a sort of tribute and parting with a difficult month weather-wise. I took this photo after I had to trudge through knee deep snow to do a property evaluation on a foreclosure for a customer. I was looking back at the way I had come when I was about half way there. The home was about 500 yards […]
- All-Natural Health Benefits of Beets August 15, 2014Beets are one of those foods that might surprise you with their hidden All-Natural health benefits. Beets can help lower blood pressure, in a matter of hours. There was once a study done where candidates drank beet juice, and their blood pressure has fallen by as much as 4-5 points....
- Why be Quiet at the Grocery Store? August 7, 2014Why by quiet at the grocery store? Why is everyone so somber or intently quiet at the grocery store, with perhaps the exception of the occasional child who wants to pressure their mother for a cereal or candy? The next time you walk around the grocery store, observe people. Some...
- I will miss you Maya Angelou May 29, 2014Today the news came out that Maya Angelou passed away in Winston-Salem, North Carolina at the age of 86. She was perhaps most famous for her bestseller autobiography ‘I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings‘ as well as many other inspirational writings. She was a mentor for Oprah Winfrey, and...
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- The Art of Sales Management: Lessons Learned on the Fly February 23, 2013I recently released my newest eBook entitled: The Art of Sales Management: Lessons Learned on the Fly. It is a project that I began to formulate as an idea fifteen years ago, and finally took time to put it together as an entire subject in one book. The book covers lessons I learned as a Sales Manager spanning four decades."Salespeople are among the m […]
- Monastery turned into Hotel - England January 27, 2013When I went to visit England last October, I stayed at an old monastery that had been converted into a hotel by a Canadian hotel company. The place was a beautiful renovation throughout. Once had to of course get used to long hallways and stairs, as this classic old castle-like building had no elevators. The grounds were peaceful and green with life. I e […]
- Classic English Phone Booth January 26, 2013I took a trip to England last October, and during my stay there I took a trip into London with some friends. We of course walked through the rain to Buckingham Palace, and toured some of the gift shops and opted out of a private tour of the Queen's horse stables. London is quite the place to take in the architecture, and scenery. I also had to take t […]
- Water Towers & War of the Worlds January 7, 2013Do you ever look at a water tower and think of the old classic movies 'War of the Worlds' or some other black and white early science fiction film that depicted alien invaders with large bubble-like ships and dangling legs? Even the new re-make of the War of the Worlds movie a few years ago carried this theme. Sometimes I look at water towers and […]
- Land Contract Homes for Investors January 6, 2013In December of 2012, I published a book entitled 'Understanding Land contract Homes: In Pursuit of the American Dream' which was made available as an eBook in the Kindle format on Amazon. This book covers the basics of the subject for both buyer and seller, and it is one that is designed to raise awareness and understanding of the subject as a whol […]